Review QoL Suggestion: Make meaning and reading prompt different text/background colors

In order to get through 200 reviews/day, I’m basically going on autopilot, my eyes are glued to the Hanzi on the card and I’m immediately trying to answer the card. Frequently I find myself accidentally typing the wrong answer type. Even if I catch myself, I still have to delete what’s there, effectively doubling or even tripling the time spent on that card. One way to mitigate this would be if the “Vocabulary Reading” was a different color than “Vocabulary Meaning” (same w/Characters). This is how WK does it, and after awhile you just associate black background with one card type, light gray with another.

4 Likes

Ditto’ing this request, would love if they had different colors to differentiate more quickly which one is being asked for :slight_smile:

1 Like

We actually had a similar idea in some of our old planning notes. I filed a ticket for this. We also have been trying to figure out how to reduce this question-mix-up issue, and this seems like a good step forward.

4 Likes

I would still prefer to have each character appear only once, and I type the meaning and the pronunciation before moving to the next card.