Review QoL Suggestion: Make meaning and reading prompt different text/background colors

In order to get through 200 reviews/day, I’m basically going on autopilot, my eyes are glued to the Hanzi on the card and I’m immediately trying to answer the card. Frequently I find myself accidentally typing the wrong answer type. Even if I catch myself, I still have to delete what’s there, effectively doubling or even tripling the time spent on that card. One way to mitigate this would be if the “Vocabulary Reading” was a different color than “Vocabulary Meaning” (same w/Characters). This is how WK does it, and after awhile you just associate black background with one card type, light gray with another.

4 Likes

Ditto’ing this request, would love if they had different colors to differentiate more quickly which one is being asked for :slight_smile:

1 Like

We actually had a similar idea in some of our old planning notes. I filed a ticket for this. We also have been trying to figure out how to reduce this question-mix-up issue, and this seems like a good step forward.

4 Likes

I would still prefer to have each character appear only once, and I type the meaning and the pronunciation before moving to the next card.

1 Like

I can see your point here. It can be jarring to answer one half, and then get the other half 15 questions down the line. What about showing them one after another? First pronunciation, then meaning, or vice versa :thinking:

I would be happy with the one-after-another appproach as long as the pronunciation vs meaning is always in the same order. I personally would prefer pronunciation always first.

2 Likes

This is now available to try. You can check out the docs for more info :+1:

2 Likes

I just tried it out.The white colored meaning and the paired pronunciation and meaning make such a big difference for me.

2 Likes