Feature suggestion: extra study options

I love the extra study newly learned widget, and the fact that the curriculum now has a ton of vocab. Unfortunately, both of these things combined means I have 50 items in the recently learned queue. At 50 items in the widget, I think it might actually be better to just accept that my review scores will be low, and therefor have +10-20 extra items per review. OTOH, if we were able to study by item type, I could target the newish 12 hanzi (I learn 6 per day). I find that words are much easier because the reading is basically free, and the meanings are usually guessable if you know the requisite characters. This could also apply to the recent mistakes widget.

Also for both widgets, it would additionally be useful to optionally remove items you have already answered correctly in a review from the study session .

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! One item in our ever-growing backlog is to make going into the extra study session start with some sort of pop-up modal where one can un-check any items they don’t want to review before launching the actual study session. I think this, once implemented, should solve your pain points. :+1:

2 Likes