Ability to not learn words

Hey guys. I just wanted to quickly throw up this idea that I had:

Sometimes, there are words that I just don’t wanna learn or that take up unnecessary space in my SRS. Recent example: 提炼. Like, come on. I can’t even have a basic conversation. Why would I need to know how to say “refine”? Like, I speak English every day and I have been learning it since I was 6, but to be honest, I didn’t really know what a refinery even does. Other examples are 跟进 or 送行. Like, up until this point i don’t even know what those things are or when I would use them.
Anyways, would it be an idea to have an option to “skip this word” in case you just don’t want to learn about it?

Just some food for thought.

Cheers

3 Likes

Yeah, I think having an ability to skip the words you aren’t interested in makes a lot of sense. I think @seb mentioned wanting the same thing :slight_smile:

The reason we have all of these words is to make sure the characters stick, but I can see how you’d want to skip some words to focus on more relevant ones.

I imagine this would be available both within the Lessons as well as on the word page I suppose :thinking:

1 Like